Stress hits everyone, whether it comes in small does or large, we all experience it in some way or another, sometimes on a daily basis. It's important in life to stay positive, receive yourself from any stress and enjoy every day as it comes, life is far too short to worry about the little things. Lately I will admit that I have had days where I have felt awful, stressed and seriously down and so I have come up with a little list of twenty things to do when you're feeling like this, and they have all been tried and tested by me!
1. Grab a cup of your favourite tea, coffee or other warm beverage, there is something extra comforting about a good cuppa.
2. Watch a TV series, whether its your ultimate favourite or something new you've found on Netflix. I absolutely love watching old episodes of Hollyoaks and Casualty, loser I know.
3. Read a book, something I'm really bad at but I find reading extremely relaxing and it really takes your mind to a completely new, fresh place.
4. Step away from social media because it definitely has its ups and downs.
5. Eat a ton of chocolate, okay maybe not a ton but definitely have more than you usually would, chocolate makes you happy so it's a no brainer!
6. Pamper yourself, have a bath or paint your nails, make yourself feel and look even more beautiful.
7. Go for a walk, I always find a brisk stroll around town helps me to relieve stress and focus on the more important things in life, like what I'm having for dinner... haha.
8. Listen to some good music and let your hair down.
9. Meditate using an app such as Calm, something I have recently discovered and truly love, I find myself listening to a session every night or just when I'm feeling a little low.
10. Have a cuddle with your pet, it might sound cheesy but nothing cheers me up more than giving my little kitty a cuddle, she is the best at making me feel better.
11. Take a nap to refresh your mind and forget about whatever it was that was making you feel sad, sleep is an essential part of our lives and sleep is just generally awesome.
12. Grab a puzzle book like Sudoko or Kriss Kross, I always did these as a child but they're actually great things to do when you're feeling overwhelmed and need a time out.
13. I'm a bit of a tidy freak so sorting my makeup stash is always something I like to do, throw away the old, worn out bits and go and treat yourself to something new.
14. Call a friend or even a family member, talk to someone about your worries or feelings and let it all out, its amazing how much better you'll feel once you've let go of your problems.
15. Shed a tear, not something I do very frequently but sometimes all you need is a little cry to make everything better. Listening to Chasing Cars by Coldplay normally sets me off.
16. Order a pizza and eat the whole pizza to yourself, nothing works better than pizza. Mmm pizza.
17. Watch the sneezing baby panda video on YouTube, you can't not have a giggle at this.
18. Spend some money, but don't get yourself into debt! Buy some clothes or makeup, something you've had on your wishlist for a while, knowing that something exciting is coming in the mail will give you something to look forward to.
19. Write your feelings down in a diary or journal, you can keep this to look back on when you're feeling happier or scrap it and get rid of those rubbish feelings.
20. Fluffy PJs and fuzzy socks, do I need to say more?
I can't think of many more better ways to spend time if I'm honest, I'd love to do all of these things on a daily basis! Now its your turn so grab that cuppa, put your fluffy pjs on and you're ready to take on the world.