So the other day I was finishing work and I really fancied some comfort food, I went on Twitter to see that someone was having chocolate dipped flapjack and from there I went straight to Sainsbury's to buy myself some ingredients! I hadn't had flapjack in ages, it's always been something my Mum has made in the past and I must admit it is one of my favourite little homemade treats. I posted a photograph of my finished flapjacks on Instagram and a couple of people asked if I would be posting the recipe on my blog, so here it is for you all!
150g golden syrup
150g soft brown sugar
550g porridge oats
200g milk chocolate
1. Put the butter, syrup and sugar into a saucepan and stand over a low heat until melted, do not let the mixture burn or boil.
2. Stir in the oats and mix together thoroughly.
3. Spread into a greased tin and smooth the top with a knife.
4. Bake at 180'c for 30 minutes.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Cut the flapjack into your preferred pieces whilst still warm, then leave to cool completely.
7. Remove your flapjacks from the tin and place onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
8. Melt your chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water, allow the chocolate to melt slowly so it doesn't burn.
9. Dip your flapjack into the chocolate in whatever way you like, then simply place them back onto the paper, pop them into the fridge until they're set.
10. Enjoy! (but don't eat them all at once)
I really hope you enjoyed this slightly different post and if you have the chance to make these be sure to show me via Instagram or Twitter! What's your favourite homemade treat?